Water are you wasting for? Get the good word on our top tips for saving your water, so you do good by Mother Earth (and) you have more left for your coffee.
How’s this for a fact: the average person uses up 340 litres of water per day. Uh-huh, that’s per day. That's about 1,437 cups of coffee! Should we continue and multiply that by 365? Safe to say, that’s enough to even make us go… whoa.
If you’re seeking some inspiration on how to save a few drops here and here, then look no further. We’ve rallied up a handy list of our ultimate water-saving tips that we can 99.9% guarantee will save you more than just a few drops. Give this and try and see how you go!
Our ultimate list of water-saving tips
- Wash your veggies in a pot of water, then sprinkle the leftover water over your houseplants or garden.
- If you have two sinks, consider filling up a quarter of the way and use this throughout the day for rinsing and the other for washing. A little here really does go a long way!
- Only drink out of one designated glass to avoid washing multiple cups. (Oh, and we don’t need to tell you to drink out of a reusable bottle, yeah?)
- Accidentally dropped some ice? Don’t throw it down the sink - drop it into a plant!
- More on plants: consider watering your plants in the morning. We know this may sound strange, but cooler times make it easier for plants to drink up that water. Also, watering at night when there’s a lack of sunlight can encourage mould growth.
- Turn off the sink while you’re lathering up your hands. An oldie, but a goodie.
- Similarly, turn off the sink while you’re brushing your teeth.
- Fix any leaky taps ASAP. They’re water-wasting gremlins, we tell you!
- Get into the shower right after someone else. That way, the water takes less time to warm up.
- Party playlist your shower time! Choose a time-appropriate song and give yourself from the start to the end to get the job done. Easy as.
- Start a system with your clothes where you know what you’ve worn and how often – yes, this might require you to do some readjusting and setting up, but once you have, you’ll be able to prevent washing your clothes after every use or not knowing when something needs to be washed! (We see you, you floordrobe folks out there.)
Thirsty for a coffee now?
Reward your water-saving endeavours with a pod party.